Thursday, January 8, 2009

Who will win the Superbowl?

Few can forget the victory of the Giants last year that resulted from dramatic last minute touchdown. What made this allthe more incredible is that if all the teams that made it to the playoffs, they had one of the worst records and they played every game on the road. They even played an unbeaten team to win the trophy

What this implies is that it is almost impossible to predict who is actually going to win. But it is always worth a shot even if I wouldnt bet on my predictions.

Of the teams remaining - Arizona, Pilidelphia and San Diego have the worst records and I have to say that I dont think they can make it. For example, despite Kurt Waners career year - it will probably be too hard a task as his team has weaknessees like a poor defence.

New York are certainly one of the favorites but I think that without Umeniora and Strahan, their defense isnt as powerful as it once was. Pittsburg are good but have been beaten notibly by a few teams such as the giants. Carolina lack power.

I am going to say that Tennessee will win. Chris Johnson is remarkably quick and I think they will take it.

My dream would be for Baltimore to win but despits winning on the road against Miami, they are much stronger at the M&T stadium.

xx

Rory

1 comment:

. said...

Though I root for the Pittsburgh Steelers, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Baltimore Ravens will win the Super Bowl.